Visit Caorle and discover the beauty of the lagoon
Do not miss the city much beloved by Hemingway and find out the most evocative places to see
During your holiday at Adriatico Village in Lido di Jesolo you should visit Caorle, 30 kilometers away from the campsite.
Commonly the fame of Caorle is due to the Blue Flag beaches, the shallow sea bottoms and the beach resorts. The city that enchanted the well-known American writer Ernest Hemingway is however not only this. There are indeed a lot of places to visit in Caorle and in the nearby, such as the inner city thanks to that the city has get the nickname “Little Venice”.
The inner city, the old village of the fishermen, is with no doubt a place to visit in Caorle: you should have a walk through the calli, the little streets and admire the little colourful houses and the Cathedral in Byzantine style with its cylindrical bell tower.
If the weather is good we suggest you to book a trip in the lagoon to visit the village of the fischermen with its famous “casoni”, the traditional huts from reed and mud.
Unmissable are the walks on the see promenade along the Scogliera Viva, litterally the alive cliff, a real museum by the see, between the inner city of Caorle and the beach. Along the rocks of the cliff you can admire sculptures realised by well-known international artists and at the end of the walk the old Church of Madonna dell’Angelo.
What to do and to see in Caorle:
- Rent a quadricycle and pedal along the Scogliera Viva;
- Visit the Church of Madonna dell’Angelo admiring its evocative location between earth and sea and the pictures inside;
- Take a portion of take away squids and taste your street food while walking in the inner city and admiring the colourful little houses,
- Visit the Santo Stefano Dome, yet more suggestive in the evening;
- Book a trip by motor vessel to visit the Lagoon and the “casoni”.